Youth Education serves children ages 1-18. Three different components provide youth with educational assistance, enrichment activities and cutting edge technology at no cost. For a printable flyer about the Youth Education program, please click here.
Summer Camps are available for youth in grades 1-12 at no cost.
After School Academy
- Homework Assistance - Small group support to youth 1-6 grade. Priority is given to students scoring far below basic on their report card.
- Tutoring - One-on-one tutoring for teens in grade 7-12 once a week for at least 1 ½ hours. Student must submit Tutor Request Form and report card.
- Enrichment Activities - a variety of monthly activities are offered to youth in grades 1-12. Activities such as cooking, gardening, yoga and arts.
- Community Service - Opportunities to complete community service hours for youth in grades 4-12. Youth meet with staff to set schedule.
- College & Career Guidance- Guidance is given to youth/teen in exploring different careers and motivating youth to pursue higher education through workshops, college tours and professional speakers. Assistance with college applications, scholarships and financial aid.
- Making! @ Clubhouses - Making! @ Clubhouses Initiative. Create projects using found objects, sewing material, electronic components for projects in fashion, textiles, vinyl and paper. 4-12 grades. See an informational flyer here.
- Adobe Youth Voices & Photography - Learn photography, video filming and editing, storytelling and script writing.
- Programming, Robotics, Web and Graphic Design - Learn to code, program microcontrollers and robotics, design 3D images, posters and newsletters using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Audio Production - Produce beats, play an instrument, sing karaoke or just remix original songs.
- Teen Summit - Build technological skills and awareness, strengthening leadership and teamwork skills.
- Girl Empowerment Movement (GEM) - Girls focus on activities, plan for guest speakers, events and to discuss issues.
This service is available for children ages 1-5 of parents who are enrolled in Adult Education or Parent Education. Volunteers and staff prepare youngsters for preschool and kindergarten and encourage parental involvement though a co-operative system. This portion of Youth Education is not open enrollment, but a service available to parents who are on-site in Adult Education or Parent Education.
SFBFS is a Preschool Bridging Model site with the Sacramento County Office of Education.
- If you are interested in volunteering for the Youth Education program, click here.